Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This is about another pedophile case

I saw this story in my newspaper yesterday. Now, I've written about pedophiles before, but here's why I'm so damn scared by them. Look at the extremes they're willing to go to!

I mean, not that long ago, homosexuality was considered a mental illness, it was illegal in some places, they had to hide their sexuality, on and on and on. Did they build underground sex caves? Did they kidnap people for sex? There has to be more than just sexual urges at play here.

I'm not saying I know what that is. But pedophiles will hop on planes for the promise of sex. Face hard jail time. Risk complete and utter social isolation and rejection. And for what?

Sex? That can't be all there is to it. And another thing, where do they get all their damn money and time to do all this shit? Could YOU afford to hop a plane, take time off from work to dig underground caverns, purchase the latest computer and video equipment just to satisfy your urges?

That's what scares me more than anything else. That they're so desperate, so willing to do anything and everything to get at kids for sex. This terrifies me.

5 Comments:

Blogger egan said...

And some people think allowing teenagers to instant message is a bad thing? It saved this little girl's life.

This story is awful and I hope he learns a lot while in prison.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Scumbag said...

oh he'll learn a lot in prison. most likely what a good ass pounding feels like.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I don't know, when someone is sick and has diarrhea, that can be a pretty strong compulsion. Yet people manage to hold it until they find a bathroom. They don't violate society's rules or harm others. People who cough are sick, but they don't foist their germs on other people, either (usually.)

The closest I can think to a pedophile is a sociopathic killer. But even they don't have message boards and computer groups where they exchange information.

"How to slaughter a sorority: an insider's tips and techniques."

4:03 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I don't think it has anything to do with sex. That's just a manifestation of whatever it actually is about. And if we don't understand what it's actually about, we'll just keep pulling our hair out and it will continue. In the meantime, prison, removed from society, is the best we can do. The idea of 15 years, eligible for probabation etc., makes no sense to me. Unless you know the problem has been eliminated, will not occur again, I say toss away the key.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Die alte Aechzener said...

I agree, it isn't really about sex at all, except in the most abstracted of ways (diverted libido & all that) - it's about power, control, and abuse, like other forms of rape.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home