Friday, March 09, 2007

Did I mention my mom's insane? I did? Oh.

So my mom is still going on and on about the picture. She's also micro-hyper-focused on Elder's Easter dress, Younger's birthday, and Strawberry Shortcake. She's also been overly consumed with children's raincoats, but that subsided a bit when she found some decent ones at KMart.

People make fun of KMart, but it carries a lot of the classic items that other stores shun. And it's still better than WalMart.

I took too much Nyquil last night. Not an over-dose, just too much for me. I can only take a sip or I wake up groggy the next morning. I think I took more of a gulp last night. Coffee. Must... find... coffee...

Dilf gets home early tomorrow morning from San Francisco. I used to think I wanted an exciting glamorous life. A jet-setting life. A life "better" than my childhood.

Now I want to return to my childhood, and bury my face is its soft familiarity. I want a routine I can count on. I want monotony. To me, the ultimate pleasure right now is a bed with fresh sheets, soft pajamas that aren't too warm nor too breezy, my face scrubbed and teeth brushed, and I climb into bed and sleep and sleep and sleep without interruptions. No children coughing up mucous onto their pillows in the middle of the night. No cat wailing to go out at 2:30 a.m. Nothing but pure, pure sleeping pleasure.

Of course, it could just be the Nyquil talking. Coffee... must... find... coffee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Pipewrench said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home