Saturday, March 10, 2007

I like periodic bouts of solitude.

I'm not Emily Dickinson, but I can empathize.

I've decided I hate cell phones. I think they should only be able to dial 911 and tow trucks. Is there nowhere to hide from people?

Yes, I can turn it off. I often do. Or just not bring it with me. I do that, too.

But for a few hours at least, I need to be left the fuck alone today, to recharge my batteries. Because for the past week, I've either been with the girlies or shopping. Shopping, where people ask you if you need help and look at you and try to engage you in conversation. NO! Silence! Do not try to talk to me! I want to live in the secret world in my head, the one where I have magical powers and I am relentlessly sexy yet aloof and fight evil! I live by myself and have a beautiful sparse apartment where I can enter my fortress of solitude!

I'll be okay after a few hours alone in my private world. If the cat doesn't try to sit on my lap or ask for food or otherwise intrude upon my thoughts. Begone, Muffin! Unless I need a sidekick for my crime fighting adventures. Then, you have to wear a cape and learn to talk.

4 Comments:

Blogger yournamehere said...

I had given up on this blog, but now I see a few new posts.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for email and/or IM updates whenever you post here.

7:28 PM  
Blogger April said...

i totally understand. i hope you find that secret world you can escape to...we all need it sometimes.

10:19 AM  
Blogger josh williams said...

What will help you in all your future endeavors is to visit My Mule pay your $3.00 for A bonafide first edition of Travels With Roscoe, save me my job as promoter and have the US Postal Service deliver you some chuckles. JW

9:12 PM  
Blogger NWJR said...

Recharged batteries always work better.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home